#014: I’m Black and I have No Interest in a Gospel Mass
On January 2018, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit, there was a “Gospel Mass”, which was commissioned by Archibshop Vigneron. This gospel Mass was in fact a black gospel mass, but even though I’m black, I have no interest in a gospel Mass.
Listen to the Podcast
- My personal experience singing gospel music for over 20 years.
- What is the Mass?
- What do the Popes Say about the Mass?
- Is gospel music reverent enough for the Mass?
- Can we draw black people to the Catholic Church without gospel music?
- Is it time to modernize the Mass including cultural elements?